Since it’s our first of the series here’s a double-decker recipe for you. Bulletproof Coffee was all the rage ever since David Asprey shared the recipe on his website in 2009. The drink got its second wind with the popularity of the keto diet as well as its proliferation across cafes and gyms. We’re not here to debunk or prove its health benefits. Just sharing delicious coffee recipes for you to try at home.
First one up is the Almond Milk Bulletproof Coffee. This one is a long drink which you can enjoy hot or even on the rocks. We tried several non-dairy milks from the market and we found the most balanced Bulletproof Coffee using almond milk.
- 120g espresso (brewed from 2 coffee capsules, 60g of espresso per coffee capsule)
- 60g of your preferred almond milk brand
- 10g ghee or house-made clarified butter
- 10g MCT (Medium Chain Triglycerides) Oil or coconut oil
- 5g of any natural sweetener or organic honey
- A pinch of turmeric powder and ground pepper
- A pinch cinnamon powder for garnish (optional)
Brew a long 60g (or ml) espresso from one capsule on top of 10g of ghee. Repeat with a fresh capsule. Then add 10g of MCT oil, 10g of your preferred sweetener, a pinch of turmeric powder and ground pepper. Combine all ingredients in a blender (that can withstand heat) to enhance the texture of the beverage. Sprinkle some cinnamon powder for the final touches. Sip and enjoy.
BONUS: Another Bulletproof Coffee Shooters!
If you want to keep things simple and straightforward, then the Bulletproof Coffee Shooter is for you! Three ingredients for you to whip up early in the morning. Easy peasy.
- 60-70g espresso brewed from 1 capsule
- 8g ghee or house-made clarified butter
- 8g MCT (Medium Chain Triglycerides) Oil or coconut oil
Most Bulletproof Coffees are made using brewed filter coffee but this recipe is for those with a capsule machine. Brew a long 60g-70g (or ml) espresso just from one capsule on top of 8g of ghee. This will help soften the ghee. Then add 8g of MCT oil. Combine them in a blender (that can withstand heat) for that creamy and frothy drink. Serve and down that shot. Feel free to add any natural sweetener like Stevia or your favourite organic honey.